• The Kirkwood-Des Peres Area Chamber of Commerce will hold it general membership luncheon on Tuesday, March 12, 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., at Greenbriar Hills Country Club, 12665 Big Bend. The luncheon is sponsored by Block Advisors. All reservations need to be made by 3 p.m. the Friday befor…
• The Webster Groves-Shrewsbury-Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce will hold a “Coffee and Connections” on Friday, March 8, 8 to 9:30 a.m., at Nurses for Newborns, 7259 Lansdowne Ave. in Shrewsbury. Attendees are asked to bring diapers for the babies (any size is welcome). To register visit www.w…
March may seem a little early to be thinking about the new golf season, but the Kirkwood-Des Peres Area Chamber of Commerce is already looking for players and sponsors for its 21st annual golf tournament on Monday, June 3. This year’s tourney will again be held at Greenbriar Hills Country Club.
There is good news for those saddened to read that a favorite Kirkwood shop, Moonbeams, was closing. Moonbeams will now make the move to Glendale after being a fixture in downtown Kirkwood for 17 years. It was earlier reported that Moonbeams’ owner Debbie McCormac had decided to close Moonbe…
• The Kirkwood-Des Peres Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its 73rd Annual Installation and Awards Gala on Friday, Feb.1, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Hilton St. Louis Frontenac Hotel, 1335 S. Lindbergh Blvd. This year’s awards event is presented by Mutual of Omaha.
• The Webster Groves Shrewsbury Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce will hold a Coffee and Connections Friday, Feb. 15, 7:30 to 9 a.m., at Block Advisors, 7255 Watson Road in Shrewsbury. To register, visit www.webstershrewsburychamber.com.
Firenza Pizza, a restaurant brand touting “Pizza Like Never Before,” opened in Webster Groves on a snowy Jan. 12 — the ﬁrst location in Missouri.
Hanley Investment Group Real Estate Advisors on Jan. 2 announced the sale of a 15,944-square-foot, new construction, five-tenant retail pad building in Kirkwood.
Kansas City-based Acendas Travel announced in December 2018 that it has expanded its operations with the acquisition of Gwin’s Travel, which has offices in Kirkwood and Bethalto, Illinois. The deal is effective immediately.
Community Creations offers pen and ink prints that capture the essence of the Kirkwood community. Artist Bruce Loeschen has been creating his prints for more than 25 years. He combines local landmarks and figures with the commercial landscape to create a unique representation of a community.
• The Kirkwood-Des Peres Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its monthly general membership luncheon on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., at Holiday Inn Route 66, 10709 Watson Road at South Lindbergh Boulevard. Reservations need to be made by 3 p.m. the Friday before the luncheon. Cos…
• The Webster Groves-Shrewsbury-Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce will hold an open house event on Friday, Jan. 11, at Liberty Tax Service, 9836 Manchester Road in Rock Hill. Networking and relationship building runs from 7:30 to 9 a.m. Register at www.webstershrewsburychamber.com.
Enjoy cookie samples at the annual Webster Groves Holiday Cookie Walk. Businesses in Old Webster and Old Orchard will welcome cookie samplers from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 9.