Art at the Station’s 2019 season at the Kirkwood Train Station opens in January with the artwork of Marshall Blevins.
The work of a different artist is featured every month in the lobby of the station, located at 110 W. Argonne Drive in downtown Kirkwood.
Blevins, the featured artist for January, studied equine management in college and formerly worked as a groomer at a horse track. Over the past few years, she has dedicated herself to painting full-time. Many of her paintings feature a mule.
Visitors can view Blevins’ work throughout January when the station is open for passengers. Exhibits and receptions are free and open to the public. Donations are welcome.
The 2019 Art at the Station schedule is as follows:
- January: Marshall Blevins (Solo Exhibition)
- February: Mollie Chouinard (Solo Exhibition)
- March: Gary Gackstatter (Solo Exhibition)
- April: Kirkwood High School Exhibition
- May: Jeff Kapfer (Solo Exhibition)
- June: Fred Mafigiri (Solo Exhibition)
- July: Themed Exhibition (To be determined)
- August: Jenn Mishra (Solo Exhibition)
- September: Photo Contest
- October: Sherry Salant (Solo Exhibition)
Note: There are no shows in November or December.
For more information about the Kirkwood Arts Foundation and Art at the Station, visit www.kirkwoodarts.org.