Lindbergh Schools invites members of the community to tour the brand new Dressel Elementary School during an open house event on Wednesday, Aug. 2, from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
Dressel Elementary School, 10911 Tesson Ferry Road, will be Lindbergh's sixth elementary school, serving more than 600 students in grades K-5. The state-of-the-art, 99,116-square-foot building provides essential overcrowding relief district-wide.
• Individual classroom wings for each grade level;
• 21st Century modern, student-centered library;
• Two STEM classrooms to enhance student learning and exploration;
• Secure front entrance;
• Three FEMA-grade tornado shelters that double as multipurpose meeting rooms;
• Accessible, modern playground;
• Energy-efficient LED lighting, mechanical system and light-reflecting roof surface to reduce cooling costs;
• Competition size gym;
• New main entrance on Tesson Ferry Road, with secondary access from Musick Avenue.
Dressel Elementary School is named for John Martin Dressel, Lindbergh's first board of education president.