Prime Times Senior Expo
Resource fair for seniors will be held July 20 at Holiday Inn SW-Route 66
Pam and Leo Stremlau of Oakville and Sharon Boedeker (right) with their Times bags at last year's Prime Times Senior Expo, held at the Holiday Inn SW-Route 66 hotel in Sunset Hills.
| file photo by Diana Linsley (click for larger version)
July 12, 2017
Prime Times Senior Expo returns for its eighth year on Thursday, July 20, from 9 a.m. to noon. The Resource Fair For Older Adults features speakers and exhibits designed with senior adults in mind. The expo will be held at Holiday Inn SW-Route 66, 10709 Watson Road in Sunset Hills. Admission is free.
The Senior Expo is on Thursday, July 20, 9 a.m. to noon, at Holiday Inn SW Route 66, 10709 Watson Road in Sunset Hills.
Seventy-five exhibitors will be at this year's event providing information on a wide range of services, from adult housing opportunities to health care tips and financial advice.
Free services will include hearing screenings and balance testing, plus food samples. Attendees will also have the opportunity to enter exhibitor raffles and receive giveaways. Throughout the morning, representatives from Cochlear Americas, Siteman Cancer Center, SSM Health St. Clare Hospital and St. Anthony's Medical Center will speak on various health-related topics.
The Senior Expo is sponsored by the South County Times, Webster-Kirkwood Times and West End Word.
Chinnock (click for larger version)
• 9:15 a.m. "Hearing Loss and Possible Solutions" by Sara Chinnock, engagement manager for Cochlear Americas. Chinnock meets with individuals who are considering one of Cochlear's implantable technologies as well as works with recipients and volunteers. She will present various solutions that are available for individuals with hearing loss.
• 10:15 a.m. "Hearing Loss and Possible Solutions" by Sara Chinnock, engagement manager for Cochlear Americas.
Hoffman (click for larger version)
• 11:15 a.m. "Hearing Loss and Possible Solutions" by Sara Chinnock, engagement manager for Cochlear Americas.
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital
• 9:15 a.m. "Menopause: Signs, Symptoms & Treatments" by Julia Hoffman, M.D., at SSM Health Medical Group Kirkwood. Dr. Hoffman is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and has medical interests in minimally invasive surgery, including the DaVinci Robotic Surgical System, and high and low risk obstetrics.
• 10:15 a.m. "Strokes: Risk Factors, Warning Signs and Treatments" by Sushant Kale, M.D. , M.H.P. Dr. Kale is an interventional neurologist with SSM Health Neurosciences at St. Clare Health Center, which is a Level 1 Stroke Center. He is board certified in neurology, vascular neurology and neurocritical care. and
Kale (click for larger version)
• 11:15 a.m. "Heart Health: How to Prevent Heart Disease" by Daniel Wagner, M.D. As an invasive/non-interventional cardiologist, Dr. Wagner performs diagnostic tests to identify heart problems. These tests include echocardiograms, stress tests and EKGs (electrocardiograms). He also performs a diagnostic procedure called cardiac catheterization to find blockages of coronary arteries. Dr. Wagner focuses on the prevention of heart disease through weight management, nutrition, exercise and other lifestyle changes.
St. Anthony's Medical Center
Morrison (click for larger version)
• 9:15 a.m. "Preventing Your First (or second) Heart Attack" by Ben Morrison, M.D., with St. Anthony's Heart Specialty Associates. Dr. Morrison is board certified in cardiovascular medicine, nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. He is a cardiac imaging specialist with experience being part of a transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) team.
• 10:15 a.m. "Women's Health Issues for Seniors" by James Brennan, M.D., with St. Anthony's Plaza OB/GYN Specialists. Dr. Brennan, a board certified OB/GYN, has been on staff at St. Anthony's and has been practicing general obstetrics and gynecology for 32 years. He is chief of the OB/GYN department at St. Anthony's. He enjoys providing well-care to all women, prenatal care and managing and treating menopausal symptoms. He also specializes in general women's wellness including mammograms, bone density and urinary issues.
Brennan (click for larger version)
• 11:15 a.m. "Hearing Aids Today: Maximizing the Benefits" by Laura Felton, AuD, CCC/A. Felton has 11 years of audiology experience and five years with St. Anthony's Audiology Specialists. Felton has dedicated her career to improving the hearing of all patients from birth to adult. She focuses on educating the community about the hearing loss and helping patients understand the benefits of amplification.
(click for larger version)
Siteman Cancer Center
Mehta (click for larger version)
• 9:15 a.m. "Diet and Cancer Prevention" by Nartana Mehta, registered dietitian at Siteman South County. She provides assistance to patients who are dealing with the side effects of cancer treatment and teaches them ways to adjust and monitor their diets to feel better during and beyond treatment.
• 10:15 a.m. "Skin Cancer 101" by Laura Huff, assistant professor of dermatology at Washington University School of Medicine. She became board certified in July 2015 and provides patient care at the Washington University Dermatology – West County and South County locations, and the BJH Center for Outpatient Health (COH).
Huff (click for larger version)
• 11:15 a.m. "Skin Cancer 101" by Laura Huff, assistant professor of dermatology at Washington University School of Medicine.
For more information about the Prime Times Senior Expo, call 314-968-2699.